Posted to alt.home.repair
cjt cjt is offline

Default passive vs active attic ventilation

BradMM wrote:

Based on the comment about the power required by the power
ventilation, I'm abandoning all thoughts of that. However, the HVAC
guy also said that the standard for insulation was R19 but not it's
R38. I need more insulation!

While I was installing the soffit vents, my thermometer next to me was
reading 108! I looked online and the heat index was 119. Guess
that's why the AC is struggling. :-)

The goal of attic ventilation is to get the attic down near ambient; you
can't expect to do better than that -- insulation and A/C have to do the
rest.