Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Perimeter insecticide: Which one?

wrote:

I want to buys some kind of insecticide to spay around
outside of perimeter of home to keep bugs down.... ALL
kinds of bugs

There are many brands to chose from.

Any advice or links to reviews and what really works
well? best bang for buck, et?

Diazanon worked very well. Unfortunately some golf courses were using it near
water hazards, and it didn't do the migratory waterfowl a lot of good, so they
pulled it off the market a few years ago. I'd just go with whatever the major
brands like Ortho are offering and hope for the best.

By the way - if you are hoping for an electric fence type of action, you're
going to be disappointed. Most bugs take up klan residence and don't move in and
out.

I've tried to convince the spousal unit that it would be far more effective
keeping the floors cleaner and thus removing the bugs food source than spraying
the foundation and putting bug traps everywhere. That isn't well received...