Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] IlBeBauck@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default wireing new compresser question

On Jun 25, 12:59*pm, lujak wrote:
ok.
I have power to a switched box that i will wire to my compressor. i
have 4-strand 6 gauge cord.
problem is compressor has 2 hot and a ground, no neutral. *what do i
do with my white wire?
my googling came up with:
A. attach it to the breaker along with the black. (sounds sketchy, why
not just not use it)?
B. ground it at the compressor. Sounds better but ?
Any help would be great.

It is called a Condensing Unit (or, A/C unit) ; it is not 'a
Compressor' . The Compressor is inside the Unit and it pumps the
freon in a gaseous state. You are wanting to wire the Condensing Unit/
A-C Unit. When you are discussing wiring, it is imperative to use
the correct labeling of what you are wanting to wire. Thank you.