Posted to alt.home.repair
tim birr tim birr is offline

Default Cedar siding repair

I built a small cedar shed last fall out of cedar siding -- this stuff
if you ca http://www.potlatchcorp.com/files/Im...dar_027_th.jpg

I was getting ready to put stain on it this weekend when I noticed a
small "knothole" sort of hole in one of the siding pieces. It is
about the side of a dime or maybe slightly larger, with the white
Tyvek lining underneath clearly visible. If it makes any difference,
the inside of the shed is finished with plywood -- so cedar, Tyvek,
studs and then plywood.

So, how do I repair this -- a bunch of acrylic caulk? Wood putty?
It's on the side of the shed and while the shed is a nice looking
structure the side with the hole faces a bare bank of dirt and doesn't
get much or any of my wife's glances, so it doesn't have to be picture
perfect. But I would like it to be weatherproof, more or less and
"attractive as possible" without going to a lot of hassle.