Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Osborne Dave Osborne is offline

Default yale lock problem

Jim E wrote:
If I shut my front door a bit too hard the lever inside the lock detaches
and the locks `spins` and i have to break the lock to get in.

Does this mean I cut the lever too small?

It does just `sit` in place doesnt it? Or am I putting it in wrong. It
doesnt seem to click into place or anything it just sits in the groove.

Because this has happened a few times the metal frame part that goes onto
the inside of the door with the 2 screw holes has become distorted. Can I
buy one of these new or do I need a whole new lock?

Cheers for any help!

Its the 60mm one 4th down on this page
http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/s...sp?iBrandID=72

What Colin says. On your lock the connecting bar can be really long
without any problem, because any excess disappears into the handle.

Even a genuine Yale 1109 cylinder does not have a replacement mounting
plate these days.

Just Ebay search for "rim cylinder" and pick one that has the mounting
plate included. There are currently some ERA ones for 3.99. You can
either change the cylinder or just use the plate.