Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Combining extension cords?

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:37:37 -0400, mm
wrote:

[snip]

I see now problem, if your cords are less than 30 years old, but if
there were a problem especially with something more than 30 years old
it would be that the socket didn't grip the prongs tightly. This can
happen with an indoor extension cord too, because there are lots of
things which use 8 or 12 amps or more. And in my case, by plugging a
heater into a receptacle that was 50 years old, made in 1930.

I found one old receptacle (in an old hospital building) that wouldn't
accept plugs unless you bend both prongs inward, and hold them that
way while inserting the plug.

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov