BRuce

Default How do you transfer a pattern to your wood

black and white transfer paper is available at most craft stores
(Michaels or AC Mooore). It can also be found on web sites with
scroollsaw patterns and whilygigs(sp?) and "yard art"

BRuce

Ernie Jurick wrote:
"Pops" wrote in message
nk.net...

I am building a cabinet and the top has a scalloped look to it. I drew it

on

my computer to actual size. Now I need to transfer it to my wood.

How do you guys do that? Do you print on thick stock, cut out the pattern
and then use it as a stencil? Do you tape the pattern to the wood and cut
the pattern? Do you free hand off of what you did on the computer?

I will be using my Bosch jig saw to make the cut.

If you can't find carbon paper in this day and age, simply rub a soft pencil
over the *back* of the paper where the lines are, tape the pattern in place
and trace over the lines with a ballpoint pen.
-- Ernie