Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default OT - What to do with an old TV

wrote in message
On Jun 23, 11:36 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I don't know why
half of these people are running out to get new sets anyway. Just get
any of the newer DVD/Video units with a tuner and use the TV only as a
monitor.

--
Steve W.

I agree...I don't really understand it either but I am seeing some
REALLY NICE sets being surplused that can be picked up for pennies.

TMT

The cost per hour of use for TV's is very low. Say a TV costs $700
and lasts for only five years. That is only about 40 cents a day.
And if it is used three hours a day, then the cost is about 13 cents
an hour. And you will get part of that back because the new tv will
use less power. To me it is worth that much to have the higher
resolution of the digital tv.

Dan

My TV set, new last August uses only 50 watts!

Steve R.