Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Grinding wheel question

"Bob" wrote in message
A guy on ebay has grinding wheels I can use. They are A24P4B.
Usually I run A60-L6-V32

What is the difference? How will these do? I ust them for general
purpose on a heavy duty pedistal type grinder.

Bob

The designation of those wheels indicates they are aluminum oxide, 24 grit,
P hardness, 4 structure (indicating the abrasive bits are close together)
and that the wheels are resinoid bonded. You could expect them to be slow
to shed abrasive as they dull, and to hold up well, although they may not
grind real well because they are so hard and dense. Depends on your
application, really. If you grind mild steel regularly (weld shop, for
example), they may work quite well on a large pedestal grinder. Sorry,
can't provide any more info, I've never used a wheel that coarse, nor that
hard.

Harold