Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Car mechanics.

Meat Plow wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:07:47 -0400, Jamie
wrote:

Why can't car and body mechanics be a little more intuitive with car
electronics ?
I just got my Santa Fe out of the body shop, it needed a new fender
and hood.
The workmanship is excellent how ever, my alarm system is now screwed
up!
If I arm my alarm, if goes off by it self after a while.

I did some checking around and all I can find is a hood switch that is
suppose to get depressed when the hood is closed. I guess this must be a
theft device because it appears I have no under hood light. (I thought I
did ), any ways, kind of hard to depress the switch when there is a
hole in the inside liner of the hood where I assume a rubber foot is
suppose to be to press the switch.!
I don't understand why the lights in the dash didn't display this
other wise ?

actually, the switch looks kind of funky if you ask me? It has
what looks like a mini steel cable or something like that going down
some where ? Maybe it's part of a vibration sensor along with hood not
pushing it into place.

what do you guys think about that?

No need for a hood switch when you have to get inside to pop the latch
is there?

Might try resetting the alarm by disconnecting the battery. It's
possible the battery was disconnected when the work was done and the
alarm got spiked when it was reconnected.

Got it fixed, there is a hood pin (push cable) that gets depressed via a
rubber foot in the hood. they still had my old hood there and pull the
plug out of it. that fixed it how ever, today I had to return the car
and have them fix the paint job on the hood, apparently they didn't
fully clean off the plastic sticky tape that comes on the new body
panels and painted over some on the edge of the hood near the wind
shield. We've had lots of rain here, it came off. I have a nice thin
white edge on my hood against a Dark Green car.. nice!