Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,comp.arch.embedded
[email protected] cs_posting@hotmail.com is offline

Default uPDxxxxx chips datasheets (camcorder, vcr, etc)

On Jun 24, 2:48*pm, msg wrote:
wrote:
On Jun 24, 10:56 am, msg wrote:

Does anyone have a repository of datasheets or at least valid signal
descriptions for uPD series chips used in Matsu****a (Panasonic)
camcorders, vcrs, etc.?

Unless this chip was produced for just one model of camcorder, it will
have some standard functions and inputs; I hope to learn how to genlock
it.

Do people actually genlock VTR's by servoing them to external sync?

Sure, all the time, but in my case I am only interested in the camera
section, which has the master timing generator in it.

I thought it was done using a time base corrector - which *basically
captures *and re-creates *the signal. *But I could be wrong.

Yes, for devices that can't be synced, that is a solution. But for
multiple cameras, the preferred approach is to genlock them.

I had not understood you were trying to use the camera and not the
tape transport.

Was not aware that there are servo'd tape transports but I suppose
it's possible.

Also probably somewhat moot in the case of digital tape since the the
output signal has to be synthesized anyway; the tape just needs to
move at the speed to keep the read buffer between high and low
watermarks.