Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Off Topic: Somali Pirate Takedown

DGDevin wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

As long as your not a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracist nutjob who
thinks those sniper shots were impossible, we don't have an argument.

A former USMC sniper used to work for me, and we went shooting together on
occasion, so you won't hear me claiming those shots were impossible. I'm
baffled as to how anyone could conclude I think so based on what I posted.
All I questioned was the overall quality of History/Discovery Channel
programming, I've heard too many examples of a narrator reading something
that is either hugely simplified, if not howlingly wrong, accompanied by
film footage that has nothing to do with the history being discussed. So if
this show glossed over the technical details, it doesn't seem unreasonable
to me that was because they didn't know them.

I wasn't pointing the finger at you, just hoping you weren't in that
lot. Sorry if it seemed that way.
I think we agree on this.
And I'm in the same boat with you on the vast shortcomings in a lot of
these "documentaries."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)