Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames[_2_] Carl Ijames[_2_] is offline

Default Famco 6C vs. hydraulic presses

Never used one but the specs say the throat is 13.5 inches which is probably
similar to the H press, the stroke is 23.5" which is a lot more (but why
would you need that in one motion?), and the weight is 1575 lbs vs what, 100
lbs for the H press so moving it will take care. The stroke rate has to be
much better than a manual hydraulic press, but I don't know about
air/hydraulics. To me the only plus would be the speed if you need it.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

"Ignoramus28618" wrote in message
Someone nearby is selling a Famco 6C, which is a floor standing arbor
press that is rated for 15 tons. I would like to know if those are any
better than H framed hydraulic presses. I have a small 3R press and
like it, but I have no experience with those bigger presses.

A picture of a 6C press can be seen he

http://tinyurl.com/ma85xp