Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weather station

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
I confess I've never understood the attraction of the weather stations
myself. I can tell whether I'm hot or cold, indoors or out, without a
thermometer. I can also tell whether it's windy, or cloudy. Wind speed
and direction and even barometric pressure are relevant in aviation and
badminton, but other than that seem to fall into the useless information
category. Of course, I'm becoming somewhat of a luddite. I bet if I were
to own a watch, it wouldn't even have a GPS receiver built into it.

For most people, that is sufficient. Others make decisions based on
temperature. Just ask any farmer.

In the winter, I make decisions based on temperature. Good versus bad
decision can be a cost difference in the thousands of dollars in a season.