Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water (Long!)

In article , harry k wrote:
On Jun 24, 5:58=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

..com, harry k wrote:

On Jun 23, 3:31=3DA0pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

ups=3D
..com, harry k wrote:

On Jun 23, 4:23=3D3DA0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

gro=3D
ups=3D3D
..com, Red wrote:

This subject is just like arguing politics or religion - neither s=

ide
will change their viewpoint. =3D3DA0Those of us who have had it wo=

rk on=3D
many
occasions and know it works will never convince those who will nev=

er
get off their dead asses and try it.

I'll be convinced as soon as I see it demonstrated under controlled
conditions. You claim to "have had it work on many occasions" -- go=

cl=3D
aim=3D3D
your
million dollars.

Or explain why you're unwilling to be tested under controlled condi=

tio=3D
ns.

Or perhaps you could read what I have written where I said they have
failed me?

In other words... IT DOESN'T WORK. When you "succeeded" the obvious
explanation is that you ALREADY KNEW where the item was.- Hide quoted =

tex=3D
t -

My God! =A0You finally read and _understood_ at least a few of my
posts. =A0About damn time.

Oh, get off it, Harry. You've been saying all along that it works, and I'=

ve
been saying all along that it doesn't.- Hide quoted text -

BS. Try reading my posts. From the start I have said that they work
but only when there are clues to the location. I haved said that
repeatedly. That you have a reading comprehension problem ...

No, Harry, the BS is coming from you. Here's your first post:

"I often wonder if any of the skeptics have actually tried using a
couple bent wires. They work for me but I don't base any decisions on
what they inidicate without other evidence supporting them. From
tests of a few neighbors, friedns and family it seems that they work
for at least half of anyone who tries it."

No mention there of working only when there are clues, just the blanket
statement "they work for me ... they work for at least half of anyone who
tries it".

This was followed with a lot of "obviously you haven't tried it" directed at
the skeptics.

In another post, you wrote "I have found things using them and I have had them
fail." No mention there, either, of dowsing working only when there are clues.
Just the blanket statement "I have found things using them."

And this: "The problem with that is they indicate in just one location. I can
stand in one spot, sway back and forth and they cross/uncross. Take
one step and they don't. Am I infulencing them? Not that I can tell
and I have tried to tell if I am." No mention there of any external clues,
Harry.