Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water

On Jun 19, 11:54*am, "Ulysses" wrote:
"Red" wrote in message

On Jun 18, 10:16 am, "Ulysses" wrote:

When the witcher was here I tried using the magic
wands (two bronze welding rods bent
at 90 degrees, one in each hand) and when you cross over a good spot the
wands will spread apart, then cross over each other, then spread apart

again
(maybe it was vice versa--been a while) so it IS doing something.

No, no. *That method is for finding water lines, pipes, and telephone
cables. *The correct method for dowsing is to use a very limber willow
branch shaped like a long wishbone, with the point up and the 2
branches held in each hand with your palms rotated outward. *As you
walk over the correct spot, the willow point will rotate from up to
down. *Have done it many many times with the willow always indicating
the same spot and not random as one might expect. *I admit I never dug
a well to prove it was correct, but it was uncanny how the willow
always reacted to the same spot.

Red

I must be confusing witching and dowsing again. *I didn't have any pipes,
power lines, phone wires, etc. *I've never tried the willow but I remember
Walter Brennon using one on The Real McCoys quite a few years back. *What do
dowsers use if there are no willows in the area? *Buy one on eBay? *I have
some trees down by my creek that might be some kind of willow. *I guess I'd
better look up what they are so I can make a divining wand or rod or
whatever they are called. *That reminds me--I found a very strong signal
with the welding rods and was thinking of making a long drill with a 2"
arbor bit and see if I hit anything. *The bushes in that area stay very
green when there is a drought.

I had no problem locating my utilities with a pair of bent wires. The
wires crossed when I stepped over the trench they were buried in. Just
now I wa looking at a google earth photo of my lot and from above the
location of the trench is clearly visible but you wouldnt notice it
from the ground. I am wondering if what the wires are detecting is me
tipping slightly or me unconsciuosly correcting for the tip as I stept
down into a depression. Perhaps this is also the reason for the slight
tug I feel while crossing the same area while swinging a pendulum in a
circle.

Jimmie