Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water

On Jun 24, 7:57*am, "Ulysses" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

... In article , "Ulysses" In

California, the Totalitarianism State wrote:

I would like to see a true disbeliever, such as yourself, get a couple of
bronze rods and try it. *Since you expect nothing to happen then nothing
will happen, right? *To be specific the rods I tried were perhaps five
inches long in the handle area, bent at 45 degrees for an inch or so, and
then bent another 45 degrees and perhaps two feet long so the overall

shape
is 90 degrees and the thumbs rest gently upon the 45 degree slant. *I

wasn't
expecting anything to happen, but it did.

And I would like to see a true believer, such as yourself, attempt to
demonstrate this ability under controlled conditions. If you can do it,

you
can win a million dollars.

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I'm a true believer. *I was
a skeptic too until I tried it, got my well drilled, and got good water.
All I'm saying is the the wands move under certain conditions and that it
seems to be consistant. *I have also stated that around here it's the
generally accepted way to determine where to drill a well. *I have tried it
and I have not claimed any proficiency. *I did not expect ANYTHING to
happen. *I even tried to get the wands to NOT move. *It's the darndest
thing.- Hide quoted text -

Same here. I find things, I don't find things, there are clues but at
the end teh rods move and one cannot detect themselves influencing
them.

Harry K