Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - What to do with an old TV

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:56:59 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Buerste" wrote:

Commercial TV, even digital, sucks.

All 480 channels! I watch maybe 10.

Fox News, C-Span1, C-Span2, Comedy channel, TVLand, and once and a while
MSBHO for
Doberman. Doberman is excellent, I can both keep up on the left and have
a good target
for snapping in with the PDF.

Wes

Food Channel, Sci-fi, History, Discovery, BBCA, 4 local channels, A&E, TNT,
Fox, TCM

WHAT? You don't watch, erm (what were those call letters?), oh yeah,
SPIKE? What kind of lez are you, anyway, Tawm? A bottom? Sheesh!

I got tired of seeing the same dozen listings for movies for a month
on each channel (Who wants to watch Bambi at 1am, 6am, 1pm, _and_ 4pm
_every_ Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday?

After a handful of years, I'd watched every good program History ever
put out. Discovery didn't

But...THE COMMERCIALS! Arrrrrgh, my eyes! My ears! Ayiiiiiiieeeeee!

I recently watched the local news on my only available antenna
channel. I had that mute button on for a full 17 minutes of that half
hour program, blocking out commercials. When commercials take up 57%
of the programming time, you know you have content problems, if
nothing else. I sure don't miss watching broadcast TV.

Long Live Netflix and RedBox DVD Rentals!

--
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass;
it's about learning how to dance in the rain.