Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weather station

My only weather station of sorts is my indoor outdoor
thermometer from Walmart, about fifteen bucks. Runs on AAA
cells.

When I was in school, we used to calibrate thermometers with
ice water bath, stirred not shaken. That gave us a
dependable 32F or 0C temperature.

My thermometer in the Blazer reads dependably two degrees
high. If the gage reads 78F, the weather report on the radio
is 76. I don't know of any calibration for my Blazer. Maybe
your weather station has a tweak some where for fine tuning.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
I bought an indoor/outdoor weather station. The brand is
Accurite.
It is a nifty setup that has outdoor remote sensors for
temperature,
humidity, wind speed, wind direction, gives indoor
temperature, barometric
pressure and a lot more. The problems, though, is the
temperature readings.
They are 4 degrees low. IMO, that makes me suspect of
everything else it
reads and is really about useless when it comes to a freeze
warning.

I'm probably going to return it, but I'm wondering if anyone
had good
experience with another brand in the less than $150 range?