Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Weather station

On Jun 23, 9:08*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
I bought an indoor/outdoor weather station. *The brand is Accurite.
It is a nifty setup that has outdoor remote sensors for temperature,
humidity, wind speed, wind direction, gives indoor temperature, barometric
pressure and a lot more. *The problems, though, is the temperature readings.
They are 4 degrees low. *IMO, that makes me suspect of everything else it
reads and is really about useless when it comes to a freeze warning.

I'm probably going to return it, but I'm wondering if anyone had good
experience with another brand in the less than $150 range?

Is that a HD or menardys unit, try another one, Oregon Scientific is
ok, but maybe one big shop in china makes all of them, im sure you
will find one thats not defective so mail order isnt best. I bought
some radio shack thermometers for accurate remote monitoring and they
were actualy about 99.9-100% that I verified with a calibrated
mercury, Menards remotes were 2-4 f off on a batch I tried. I think
Its just luck, getting a good batch.