Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weather station

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:08:29 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

I bought an indoor/outdoor weather station. The brand is Accurite.
It is a nifty setup that has outdoor remote sensors for temperature,
humidity, wind speed, wind direction, gives indoor temperature, barometric
pressure and a lot more. The problems, though, is the temperature readings.
They are 4 degrees low. IMO, that makes me suspect of everything else it
reads and is really about useless when it comes to a freeze warning.

I'm probably going to return it, but I'm wondering if anyone had good
experience with another brand in the less than $150 range?

Another idea. Make a water/slush mix in a clean container. It will
be an accurate 32 degrees F. The $150 is a bit much, isn't it?