Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:42:50 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:42:00 -0700 (PDT), harry k
wrote:

On Jun 21, 6:36 pm, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 07:42:10 -0700 (PDT), harry k

wrote:
On Jun 21, 6:33 am, Steve Barker wrote:
harry k wrote:
On Jun 20, 6:52 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article
,
harry k wrote:

I often wonder if any of the skeptics have actually tried using a
couple bent wires. They work for me
Then contact the James Randi Educational Foundation
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
and claim your million dollars.

So have _you_ actually tried it?

Harry K

the landscape company i used to work for used the method several
times a
week to find irrigation lines when no plan was available. It does
work.

No amount of cases of it working is going to convince Doug. He knows
what he knows and apparently is not about to even try it.

Harry K

I'm always amazed that the people who are adamant that "it works"
somehow never have an interest in getting a million dollars for their
skill. And just to be clear, "working" doesn't mean that the rods
mysteriously move, it means that using the rods allows you to find
whatever it is you claim you can find at a level of probability higher
then chance level when the rods are all you have to go by.- Hide quoted
text -

Years ago I read the actual challenge. Seemed to be set up so that it
would be all but impossible to find the objects even with a map. It
is set up so that it is 100 percent sucess or it is total failure. No
partial success allowed.

No it's not. It's based on statistics. If there are 10 boxes and 5
of them have water under them and you can only find the ones with
water half time you are doing no better then chance.

The true skeptics should at least try it before being so adamant that
it doesnt' work.

It's been tried. It doesn't work. If you think it does, go win a
million dollars. Why are you afraid to try? What do you have to
lose? Randi sets up the tests just like any proper double blind test
whether it's for water dousing or testing a cancer drug.

Well, I don't give anyone who spells their name with an "i" at the end any
credibility. Are you two dating again?

Nice cop out. Very typical of all those who claim they can "do it"
yet turn up their nose at the million dollars. Are you still trying
to get thru 5th grade?