Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Melted Rubber Feet - How to Fix or Replace?

Ellen wrote:
Thanks, guys! I'll take them off and get new ones.

I especially appreciate the explanations of how to remove them as I
never did so before.

On cleaning, what would be the best thing? Being a girl, nail polish
remover comes to mind, but what do guys use?

Ellen

Is the case plastic or metal? If plastic, do NOT use nail polish
remover, which (if it is the real stuff) is basically acetone. It will
make the case mushy. Use Goof-off, or dollar-a-can hairspray. A pencil
eraser often helps to ball up the adhesive residue and make it easier to
remove. If case is metal, acetone will work, but don't let it set too
long, or it could hurt the paint.

--
aem sends...