Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Weather station

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message

What was the reference you compared it to??

That's a good question Ed. It doesn't take much of a distance in
areas for differences. Possibly you have something much more accurate
that you know is in calibration?

But if it's always 4 degrees and always low, I understand your
suspicions and would probably come to the same conclusion.

I compared it to three other thermometers that all read the same.

Not looking good for the Accurite.

One
was calibrated with ice water at 32 degrees. In addition, the indoor
reading was 67 while the actual was 71.

At 67, my wife would have been under a blanket.

Yep, the Accurite sounds acutely inaccurate.

For close to $100, I don't want to have to make mental changes every
glance at the temperature, plus it will be off with relative humidity
and wind chill calculation that it also reads. The place the readings
were taken is within inches of each other.

In the bag/dun deal test and cal from NOAA/NWS:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/elp/wxcalc/cricketconvert.shtml