Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Melted Rubber Feet - How to Fix or Replace?

Tony Hwang wrote:
Ellen wrote:
I lent a yamaha keyboard to a friend without realizing that the rubber
feet had melted. Now the keyboard leaves a gummy mess on any place
it's put.

What can I do to remedy the situation?

Thanks.

Ellen

Hi,
Tehy are either stick on or little screw would hold them to the case.
Or it could be snap in type. If you can't find one replacement, replace
all four as a matched set.

Chuckle. Back in the stone age, when PCs were beige (and expensive), I
made a decent side income buying and selling used ones. (buy 10 for 200,
resell 4 or 5 for 200 each, etc.) Missing/yucky feet were a constant
problem. Most of the online electronic supply houses (mpja.com or
similar) have all sorts of feet available, at a fraction of the price
Rat Shack or the Borg charges. Take the old feet off, and clean the
bottom of the case, then install the new ones. Covering the old feet
will not work.

Other thought- look on YamahaUSA web site. They may have parts
available. Sometimes vendors will even send out trivial parts like this
free, as a goodwill gesture. If you had the problem, other owners did too.

Bizarre side note- I had a pair of basically unworn Sears work boots
where the soles did the same thing- turned to sticky jello after about a
year, sitting in the closet. Would have cost more to get resoled than I
paid for them, so in the trash they went.

--
aem sends...