Posted to alt.home.repair
Ellen[_2_] Ellen[_2_] is offline

Default Melted Rubber Feet - How to Fix or Replace?

hr(bob) wrote:
On Jun 23, 9:24 pm, Ellen wrote:
I lent a yamaha keyboard to a friend without realizing that the rubber
feet had melted. Now the keyboard leaves a gummy mess on any place
it's put.

What can I do to remedy the situation?

Thanks.

Ellen

Go to your local hardware stores and see if they have any similar-
sized feet that stick on with double-sided sticky tape thast is
already on the replacement feet. If you can remove the stickies, the
new feet need to be at least as thick to allow some air to circulate
under the keyboard. The new feet should be placed fairly near the
location of the old feet as the keyboard case is probably a little
stronger wher the feet were originally located. I have used the
stick-on feet many times, the only thing is to have the old area
cleaned off so the new feet have a good base to stick on. I would
keep the keyboard placed in it normal position once the new feet are
stuck on so there is continual pressure on the feet for about a
month. Thaat will help to ensure that the feet are REALLY stuck on.
Good Luck!

Thanks, Bob. If the sides of the feet are also gummy, they will get on
things even with new feet on top. Would silicone caulk stick to the
rubber and encapsulate it? If so, then I can try new feet.