Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Weather station

"Red Green" wrote in message

What was the reference you compared it to??

That's a good question Ed. It doesn't take much of a distance in areas
for differences. Possibly you have something much more accurate that you
know is in calibration?

But if it's always 4 degrees and always low, I understand your suspicions
and would probably come to the same conclusion.

I compared it to three other thermometers that all read the same. One was
calibrated with ice water at 32 degrees. In addition, the indoor reading
was 67 while the actual was 71. At 67, my wife would have been under a
blanket.

For close to $100, I don't want to have to make mental changes every glance
at the temperature, plus it will be off with relative humidity and wind
chill calculation that it also reads. The place the readings were taken is
within inches of each other.