Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Weather station

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

I bought an indoor/outdoor weather station. The brand is Accurite.
It is a nifty setup that has outdoor remote sensors for temperature,
humidity, wind speed, wind direction, gives indoor temperature,
barometric pressure and a lot more. The problems, though, is the
temperature readings. They are 4 degrees low. IMO, that makes me
suspect of everything else it reads and is really about useless when
it comes to a freeze warning.

I'm probably going to return it, but I'm wondering if anyone had good
experience with another brand in the less than $150 range?

What was the reference you compared it to??

That's a good question Ed. It doesn't take much of a distance in areas
for differences. Possibly you have something much more accurate that you
know is in calibration?

But if it's always 4 degrees and always low, I understand your suspicions
and would probably come to the same conclusion.