Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.lasers
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default Removing rubbery potting compound

root writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

Whether a coping saw blade is optimal I don't know, but something that
can be forced through and then fastened at both ends with enough "teeth"
to be able to eat away at the rubber.

Thanks!

I've lost track of how long the laser tube is. If you can thread
dental floss along the length of the tube you can saw the tube
out with the floss.

Interesting thought. At least that's something I have.

I have a feeling it is going to be something along those lines.

Thanks!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/