Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Off Topic: Somali Pirate Takedown

Lee Michaels wrote:
There was some discussion on this group about the rescue by USN Seals of the
skipper kidnapped by Somali pirates.

There is a TV program called Somali Pirate Takedown playing tonight on the
military channel. I haven't seen it yet and don't know how good it is.
Personally, I find all the behind the scenes stuff to be most interesting.
Things like logistics, decision making and the politics, etc.

Anyway, if the military channel does its usual thing, this program will be
repeated continously for the next 4 years. Check out your local cable
listings.

It was on Discovery Channel, already. It was ok. It was much more
focused on the ordeal the sailors and crew went though and their
interaction with the pirates, that the military strategy and skills
involved. They sort of glossed over the tri-sniper thing without much
technical explanation, beyond a cursory description with some fancy
computer graphics.

There will still be those whack-jobs who swear it was impossible, even
though it was a fairly routine event for those marine snipers.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--