Bob G

Default Dewalt or Ridgid ?

Buy the DeWalt, proven quality. I used one of their chop saws to build
a ceiling full of angle aluminum and it made great smooth cuts. Not
hearing good things about the Rigid stuff..plus you can find the
DeWalt at the local hardware store instead of suffering Home Depot.

-Ray

I agree completely.... Mostly because I have no clue who will be making
Ridgids tools NEXT year...They already have switched manufacturers in the
short time that they
have been marketing them...Emerson IN Emerson OUT !
etc....

I just wonder about parts ...and please do not feed me that crap about
lifetime warantees...so you will not need parts...

They only machine that I honestly have liked was their
planner.. all the others just did not impress me in the least
and a lot of DeWalt stuff does not impress me either BUT I do know where to
get parts and service if I just do not end up doing a 2 handed old fashion
"set shot" into the trash can...

Bob Griffiths