Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water (Long!)

On Jun 22, 8:57*pm, Red wrote:
On Jun 22, 10:39*pm, harry k wrote:

On Jun 22, 4:00*pm, mike wrote:

On Jun 22, 3:26*pm, " wrote:

On Jun 22, 4:55*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Anyway, wife & I buy a place in the "country" 10 years ago. *

[snip long (and possibly tall) tale]

Yes, Doug, I said it was a long post in the subject line.

So, having written such a long post, what would I gain from making it
up (what you meant by "tall tale"), walking around in the 95 degree
heat at noon today seeing if I was crazy? *I'll ask again, what is the
explanation for finding things I didn't know were there? *I want to
know for my own benefit, since I cannot find an explanation other than
"it just is". *Just like lots of other things science hasn't explained
yet. *Not "can't",..just "hasn't yet". *And the invitation stands for
anyone.

I can explain it: *It's like drinking Pepsi and flipping a coin and
having it come up heads 5 times in a row and concluding that Pepsi-
drinking causes heads to come up more than pure chance.

The logical test of this would to do it a lot more and see if it
holds. *It has been tried with dowsing (the "best" dowsers) and it
does _not_ hold. *You are one of those people who have not done the
testing yet beyond your initial hypothesis- Hide quoted text -

And you sound like anohter of those who won't even try it.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

This subject is just like arguing politics or religion - neither side
will change their viewpoint. *Those of us who have had it work on many
occasions and know it works will never convince those who will never
get off their dead asses and try it. *We're falling to level of the
alt.hvac or sci.geo.geology groups in arguing this subject.

Red- Hide quoted text -

Amen to that! I have found things using them and I have had them
fail. Thus I remain a 'half-skeptic'

Harry K