Phisherman

Default How do you transfer a pattern to your wood

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 04:31:19 GMT, "Pops" wrote:

I am building a cabinet and the top has a scalloped look to it. I drew it on
my computer to actual size. Now I need to transfer it to my wood.

How do you guys do that? Do you print on thick stock, cut out the pattern
and then use it as a stencil? Do you tape the pattern to the wood and cut
the pattern? Do you free hand off of what you did on the computer?

I will be using my Bosch jig saw to make the cut.

Thanks
Craig Orput
Cave Creek, AZ

Many ways. I have carbon paper to trace patterns. A sewing pattern
wheel works. Or apply rubber cement (Elmers makes a good one) to the
pattern and stick it to the wood.