Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Pencil question

On 22 Jun 2009 22:57:20 GMT, "RAM³"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

I forgot he was a kook. Damn, I'm going to stop trying to be helpful. g

He's not a "kook", Ed, since that term would elevate him lightyears above
his actual position.

I, personally, thank you for your excellent post.

BTW, the Hobby Lobby chain carries a limited range of lead hardnesses but,
at least, they DO carry them and the holders.

FWIW, the sharpener/pointer I use is an A. W. Faber "Mentor" 50/58 which
has 3 openings and blades: 1 for gross sharpening of lead pencils [leaving
the lead exposed], 1 for putting a fine point on the exposed lead and
refining the taper of the pencil, and 1 strictly for leads used with a
holder. The body is a 9mm thick disk (flattened on the side with the holes)
with a coin edge.

Kept in its leather? case, it goes into my pocket as soon as someone askes
what it might be! grin

I should've done that!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada