Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Britain's answer to knife crime

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:54:21 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:15:19 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:49:13 -0600, Steve Ackman
wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6501720.ece

So slashing will become the method.

Shrug...knives are easy to make or modify.

Or use a broken bottle.

Indeed. Or a large nut on a 6" piece of rope, or a ......

Lots of ways to bash, slash, gash and stash people.

None of which are "weapons"

You forgot 'Staple' with an 'Arrow T-75'. ;-)

I had pretty good results using my can on some punk, too. Its been
over three years since I took him down after he assaulted me, and people
still laugh when his name is mentioned. They still call him 'Pretzel
Boy', because I had him on his knees on the ground with his left arm
twisted behind his back, and I was leaning down to cut off his air. It
was a fair fight though. He was one third my age, six inches taller, and
thought he was the meanest SOB in North Central Florida. He just didn't
count on an old man taking him down, in front of his little group of
thugs.

I have yet to demonstrate how I remove unwanted "growths" from the
vicinity of my front door using a gas powered "weed whacker"
The young lady who wanted me to buy an alarm system called the local
constabulary after I offered to show her my "staffordshire" alarm
system (resident puppy is a Bichon Frise) and Winchester "anti theft
equipment". Apparently she needed help in the laundry department. The
responding officer was totally amused.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada