Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Britain's answer to knife crime

"RAM³" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:49:13 -0600, Steve Ackman
wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6501720.ece

So slashing will become the method.

Shrug...knives are easy to make or modify.

Or use a broken bottle.

To quote one of Alistair MacLean's characters (in the book "Bear Island")
"I've often found a bottle of Scotch to be a great leveller".

The character had just knocked out one of the villians by clobbering him
with a full bottle... grin

That's ok, as long as he doesn't waste a bottle of good Scotch.

A hot soldering iron does a pretty good job, too, if you make sure to
burn a hole in something they might miss. I had a drunk barge into my
room in the barracks one evening, and threaten me. I asked him to leave,
and he started screaming for me to stop working on someone's stereo, and
give him my tools, then yelled, Give me that !@#$%^&* soldering iron,
right now! I asked, This one? Then I lunged at him, and missed him by
less than an inch. He did a standing broad jump, backwards into my wall
locker, and slammed his head into it. Funny thing is, he never came
back to bother me after that.