Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:51:45 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "SteveB"
wrote:
the landscape company i used to work for used the method several times
week to find irrigation lines when no plan was available. It does
work.
How can that be? It has been stated here by people who are never wrong
that
it doesn't work. I'm confused.

Don't think I ever said it doesn't work... but I will say that there is
no
evidence that it does. Anyone who thinks otherwise has only to
demonstrate it,
under controlled conditions, to become an instant millionaire.

It's been at least twenty years... and James Randi still has his million
dollars.

ya, and over on the right of the google page and the facebook page are
offers for free cameras and laptops. There's always an out for the
offer'er. I'm sure you could prove over and over to this James Randi
person, and he'd have an out for not paying. It's just a bull****
offer. Plain and simple. The method has been used for centuries, and
it does work.

It doesn't work. It's been proven that it doesn't work. No one who
thinks it works has EVER been able to demonstrate that it works when
they have to put their money where their mouth is. There is nothing
difficult about Randi's test. It's just a straight test of can you
find water (or whatever) at a level higher then chance. I've seen
people try and fail. They have ALL failed. There is nothing
mysterious or any fine print. These people all believed the test was
set up fairly and all were sure, just as you are, that "it works" and
that they would easily demonstrate it. Lots of "things" have been
done for centuries that don't work. Or do you think throwing salt
over your shoulder wards off bad luck?

You one of the ones that can't do it, huh?

Steve