Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Car mechanics.

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:17:21 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:
No need for a hood switch when you have to get inside to pop the latch
is there?

The cable from these can break - so it's usually possible to open the
'hood' from outside. By perhaps accessing the actual locks from
underneath. So a switch for the alarm is common.

Must be common on newer vehicles. My 03 Trailblazer doesn't have one
nor did my 00 Nissan Pathfinder. Maybe a UK spec although I didn't
note the country of origin for the OP.

My BMW has. And it's 10 years old. Of course if you have automatic under
bonnet lighting the load sensing part of the alarm will use that instead.

--
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.