Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] is offline

Default Pencil question

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:21:49 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:56:43 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"RAM³" wrote:

CAD is handy when you have enough power to run the 'puter but it's easier
to use "old tech" when doodling at the coffee shop. grin

Being able to sketch something so I can make another is a pretty handy skill I retained.

Yeah, those old technical/mechanical drawing class skills still come
in handy, don't they?

Used to drive the teacher nuts in school - as a first class
assignment the teacher handed out an Isometric Breakdown (Here are
three views, now go draw it as an Isometric, or vice versa) and
figured it would take a whole period and he could go back to the
Sports Section of the paper. Three minutes later, I'm done.

The second one, he stood there and watched. Chin on the floor. Easy
A course.

And people wonder how I fix things without the instructions. ;-)

Well hell, if you put the hydraulic fluid in a hole here, it has to
come out over there if they cross-drilled from here to here (see the
plug for the check-valve access)...

Finally scored a K&E Paragon drafting machine, now I have to
remember how to work it again...

And there's a nifty portfolio around here somewhere with a miniature
drafting machine riveted to it. Add an 8-1/2" x 11" graph pad, and
you have an instant studio on your lap.

-- Bruce --