Posted to uk.d-i-y
neverwas[_3_] neverwas[_3_] is offline

Default Debris in tap water... help needed

Ok, just went home for lunch hour and tested this out. Whether or not
the tap in our side passage is opened first or second, it is the tap
which is allocated the pressure. So, if I run the kitchen tap full
whack then nip outside and open the side passage tap to full, it comes
on at full pressure while the kitchen tap will trickle. And
interestingly, a load of dirt comes out of the side passage tap at the
high pressure in addition to the kitchen tap's dirt content with the
trickle flow.

I hope I'm making sense, I'm finding this tough to explain...

Just down from the ladder:

o makes sense so far;
o I'd rather assumed you got a greater flow with both taps open 'cos
they both gushed. From what you say now, I assume the side passage tap
gives a much greater flow than the kitchen tap can - eg the passage
tap fills a bucket significantly faster than the kitchen tap. That's
the only way I can see that opening the 2 taps together can give you a
greater total flow and so flush debris from the company's pipe.