Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Digital bull****

On Jun 22, 11:09*pm, msg wrote:
snip
Which tuner card do recommend? *I would like to find one with

onboard
decoding, not dependent on the host CPU, that has well written

drivers
(directshow). *I had no luck with the Hauppauge WinTV-HD (original)

card.

Michael

I've only tried 2 different models. The ATI HDTV Wonder of which I
have 4 - 1 on the shelf and 3 in computers though one of the PCs is
currently not in use. The other tuner is a Hauppauge "WinTV-HVR-1250
PCI Express TV hybrid tuner" running WInTV 6. I was having problems
with Fox on ch 65 in LA so the Hauppauge is connected to cable though
I did have it running on the antenna for a while. The ATIs were all in
Atlhon XP single core PCs (2 3200s and a 3000). Cruising around on the
net would cause occaisional stutters while in record. Just a simple
'record' would use 10-25% CPU time but sometimes bump up to 100 and
then the stutter. Lasr fall I got a Phenom 8650 on a Gigabyte board
which is nearly stutter-free and that's _trying_ to get it to fail by
doing audio noise reduction in Adobe Audition while recording TV. It's
pretty much do what you like without problems. I now have a Phenoom II
on another Gigabyte board which is even better.