Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default Pencil question

"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote in message
On Jun 23, 5:36 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message

Then you give the point a quick wipe with a tissue to keep the
graphite dust off of your paper.

--
Ed Huntress

Thanks for the tutorial Ed - they are still available, nice sketching
pencils, easier to manage than the tiny small diameter plastic modern
ones (they break too easy) Didn't know about the custom sharpeners
though, I use me pocketknife. As an aside, I did a unit at school on
"mechanical drawing" , ie how to do sketches to aid making things,
perspective drawing, use of engineering symbols and notation, drawing
re-assembly sketches, marking out angles, circles, dividing same.
Interesting, the very first exercise on page 1 was practising drawing
(freehand) straight lines - which sounds easy until you try it, takes
a while to get the precise muscles in your hand used to the
concept....so, their still teaching the "old way" - I did it last
year...
Also did an "intro to Autocad" - wow, 25 commands to draw a straight
line g - wont have enough years left to master it...

Andrew VK3BFA.

LOL! I can produce a drawing the old way faster than a professional cad
operator! The only advantage of cad is easy distribution of copies, and
corrections/modifications.

Steve R.