Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy Rudy is offline

Default Dewalt 12V battery and B&D 12v battery are interchangeable?

"MiamiCuse"
I have a DW 12v drill. I bought it at HD on a summer "special" and it
was $99 comes with the drill, two battery packs and a 1 hour charger...
about the price of a brand new drill set that I may be able to get from
$99 to $139...

Have the same problem with a DeWalt 12V VSR drill I bought in 1997. In 2005
I got one rebuilt locally as a test..$ 40. I charged it up& left it in the
case over the Winter when we go south. In the Spring, it wouldn't take a
charge..took it back to the rebuild battery place.. 5 months later..NO
JOY.."90 day Warranty" BAH !!

Anyway, I ve bought the WHOLE DeW 12V drill kit twice since for $ 60 or $
89..to get Two batteries.
The FIRST drill is still working fine @ 12 yrs old and an example of how the
newer ones are more cheaply built, so I have ended up with 3 drills (2 never
used) and 3 chargers. The cheapest I ve ever found the Batts are $ 45.00

DONT ASK how long my (substitute) 18V Ryobi batteries last ! BAH II !