Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dewalt 12V battery and B&D 12v battery are interchangeable?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have looked into getting these rebuilt. Looking at the prices the
average price to get one rebuilt is about $45-50. Getting two rebuilt
will be $100 plus shipping in some cases, which is about the price of
a brand new drill set that I may be able to get from $99 to $139...

So question is whether it's better to rebuild them or just get new
drill/batteries.

Then I ran into one article that briefly talked about 12V Dewalt
batteries and B&D batteries are interchangeable. Not the same, but
interchangeable? and the B&D ones are much cheaper?

If you check out www.primecell.com you'll find that the rebuilt is of better
quality than the original cells. I don't know the ratings of the B & D, but
chances are they are less than the DeWalt and will not last as long.