Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Surface grinder dust collection strategies

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:18:31 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

The Torit (I have one) is meant to pick up the extremely fine airborne
dust.

Which can and will drift everywhere including the ways of your lathe
and mill.

I think what I'm doing now is getting most of the dust that's prone to
travel far enough to damage other machines, and I'm sure there's room
for improvement. What's escaping seems to be more of a nuisance than a
real problem, but as long as I've got that big collector running I'd
like to suck up as much as I can.

I've got some fresh ideas to try. Thanks to everyone who has
responded.

--
Ned Simmons