Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default making large bug zapper for mosquitos

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:04:03 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Frnak McKenney fired this volley
in m:

They also seem to _buzz_ rather than whine, unlike our native
Viriginia species.

The Buzz is due to mass and wing area. They're most of an inch long,
and let out with a satisfying "crunch" when you smack 'em.

The 'skeeters we had around Alexandria look like dwarfed miniatures
compared to the Malaysian Tiger Mosquitoes we have here in da Sayouth.

You can't claim that they are big, just because they have FAA
registration numbers...

The hot little suckers out of the salt marsh along the gulf coast
bother me a lot more than the big, slow inland types.

Pete Keillor