Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?

aemeijers wrote in
:

wrote:
I have a mulberry under my deck. It's really getting out of control.
I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid.

Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and dumped in
Roundup concentrate. Didn't even skip a beat. It's bigger and badder
than ever.

Chuckle. My yard is full of them. Even have one growing through an
abandoned kids play fort. Cutting them down just ****es them off. Birds
and groundhogs love them, and plant ten new ones for every one you cut.
You gotta go deep, and destroy the main root. Shovel and hatchet time.
Otherwise, plan on cutting it down every couple of months.

--
aem sends...

what animals EAT groundhogs?

(ferrets and minks...what else?)
I'm thinking natural controls....

Humorous story;

I like mulberries,ate a bunch of them when I was a kid;found a tree in the
local park,stacked park benches and tables to climb up in it,ate myself
full.

then I told my mom I found a raspberry tree in the park,she freaked
out,said "raspberrys don't grow on trees",had me drink a quart of milk and
a neighbor fetch a sample from the tree to ID what I ate,thinking I
poisoned myself. 8-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik