Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Spiral nails pulling out of deck

Hipupchuck wrote in news:dZidnZ30_-
:

mg wrote:
There are 6 or 8 spiral nails on our deck that will not stay down. The
boards are flat on the deck and do not appear to be cupped or warped.
But, within about 3 months of driving the nails down, they are back
up.

Should I pull the nails and replace them with the next size larger
spiral nail?

Should I pull the nails and replace them with coated deck screws?

You can get some long drywall screws.

which may have their heads twist off trying to go thru wood that's tougher
than drywall. plus coated deck screws will not rust like drywall screws.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik