Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?

stan wrote:
On Jun 22, 2:21 pm, ransley wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:58 am, wrote:

I have a mulberry under my deck. It's really getting out of control.
I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid.
Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and dumped in
Roundup concentrate. Didn't even skip a beat. It's bigger and badder
than ever.

Copper sulfate mixed with water poured at the stump and copper nails
in the tree might do something over years, dig a hole for the copper
so it doesn't run off. Roundup only works on leaves, if you can cover
the good plants with plastic drop cloths for a few hours you can spray
it, The Company would best direct you on time needed to cure but I
think its maybe 20-45 minutes. Don't you like the berries?

Suggest using something basic and non toxic.
Geez. If everyone is using chemicals at the rate and as often as has
been suggested here as various solutions to the OP's 'Mulberry

Brushing on enough Roundup to kill the plant is inconsequential as to
the effect on environment. But, to the other points you make, people
are insane about insects and insecticide - often see posts by folks who
have an ant hill in the yard....that's where they freaking belong! In
order to contract for any bug/weed treatment where I live, you have to
sign up for a program of some kind of treatment every month, which is
insane. I've seen idiots dump a whole bag of Dursban on a few ant
hills, completely disregarding the label instructions. That makes me
sick. If it's good, sometimes more is bad, especially when most goes
into the ground water or waterway.