Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Car mechanics.

Why can't car and body mechanics be a little more intuitive with car
electronics ?
I just got my Santa Fe out of the body shop, it needed a new fender
and hood.
The workmanship is excellent how ever, my alarm system is now screwed
up!
If I arm my alarm, if goes off by it self after a while.

I did some checking around and all I can find is a hood switch that is
suppose to get depressed when the hood is closed. I guess this must be a
theft device because it appears I have no under hood light. (I thought I
did ), any ways, kind of hard to depress the switch when there is a
hole in the inside liner of the hood where I assume a rubber foot is
suppose to be to press the switch.!
I don't understand why the lights in the dash didn't display this
other wise ?

actually, the switch looks kind of funky if you ask me? It has
what looks like a mini steel cable or something like that going down
some where ? Maybe it's part of a vibration sensor along with hood not
pushing it into place.

what do you guys think about that?